The Senior Litigation Specialist collaborates with attorneys on litigation-related new business pitches, responses to RFPs and other business development efforts.
- Drafts pitches, proposals and RFPs in collaboration with lawyers in the General Litigation, Securities Litigation, Government Enforcement/White Collar Crime, International Arbitration and Litigation, and Mass Torts, Insurance and Consumer Litigation groups, among others in the litigation practice. Manages the process from start to finish.
- Collaborates with other department members, including editorial, PR and design specialists to produce a variety of products in connection with individual litigation partner and practice business development efforts; and liaises with other Firm administrative departments (such as Client Accounting, Business Development and Technology) to obtain client relationship data for new business proposals and presentations.
- Works with litigation attorneys and Litigation PR Manager in the Global Marketing & Communications Department to develop reports and strategy for quarterly litigation practice meetings. Attends quarterly securities litigation practice meeting.
- Ensures that the marketing materials for each Litigation practice group are current, accurate and complete.
- Works in conjunction with Firm experience team to research/draft relevant Firm and partner litigation experience, as well as gather yearly statistics for use in marketing collateral and presentations.
- Combines and leverages internal and external research/knowledge to develop new business presentations and other products.
- Maximizes utilization of the Firm's technology to prepare and deliver products; and coordinates optimal storage, maintenance and sharing of work product.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operations, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong understanding of Marketing and Business Development Departments’ role in a law firm
- Extensive experience with litigation practice areas in a large corporate law firm, and knowledge of Skadden’s areas of focus/expertise
- Strong writing/editorial and research skills
- Ability to synthesize data and accurately capture it in a narrative
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Solid strategic thinking and problem-solving capability, coupled with excellent judgment and decision-making abilities
- Strong intuitive skills, and the ability to translate experience and lessons from one project to the next
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment, as well as independently and effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both verbally and in writing, and the ability to work directly with partners under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Experience utilizing technology, including website, intranet, extranets, databases, knowledge management tools and presentation software
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of seven years of relevant marketing/business development experience in a professional services firm environment
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.