- Collaborates and recommends technological solutions for the Firm's applications needs, including full cost-of-ownership, return-on-investment, time-to-implementation, and adherence to Firm standards.
- Collaborates and recommends appropriate data-presentation and user interface solutions.
- Recommends and updates Firm-wide technical design standards for source code management, code-reuse, naming conventions, data format, and other standards that will help optimize the application development process across projects.
- Creates design and implementation documentation, including site flow diagrams, proto-type presentations suitable for conducting user experience tests, codes, modules, data-base schema and stored procedures.
- Develops application code including database stored procedures, application logic, and user interfaces.
- Works with data architects, programmers and data-base administrators to assure adherence to standards. This includes code reviews, iterative quality assurance (QA) testing, interoperability testing and post implementation monitoring strategies.
- Oversees and ensures proper maintenance and day-to-day operation of all department functions.
- Plans, designs and implements enhancements for the department and/or Firm.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experience with any of the following a plus:
- Financial systems including Aderant
- Business Intelligence initiatives and applications
- Data warehousing and/or OLAP initiatives
- Dashboard and production reporting projects
- Microsoft Team Foundation Services and Git (for requirements management)
- Broad and thorough knowledge of project management and applications development tools and work flows
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to travel
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of four years' of related technical experience in a professional services environment
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.