Working as a member of multidisciplinary project team, this position is responsible for developing and supporting integrated, on-line, web based applications for the firm. Application categories include HR self-service, Finance, Business Development, Marketing, and Client Relationship Management.
- Collaborates and recommends appropriate data-presentation and user interface solutions.
- Creates design and implementation documentation, including site flow diagrams, proto-type presentations suitable for conducting user experience tests, codes, modules, data-base schema and stored procedures.
- Develops application code including database stored procedures, application logic, and user interfaces.
- Works with data architects, programmers and data-base administrators to assure adherence to standards. This includes code reviews, iterative quality assurance (QA) testing, interoperability testing and post implementation monitoring strategies.
- Oversees and ensures proper maintenance and day-to-day operation of department and Firm applications.
- Plans, designs and implements enhancements for the department and/or Firm applications.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Broad and thorough knowledge of related applications technology
- Broad and thorough knowledge of application development tools and work flows
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle complex issues/duties requiring independent exercise of discretion and judgment
- Strong managerial skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Delegates work effectively
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of three years of related technical experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.