Skadden is in search of a Legal Technology Software Engineer who designs and develops desktop and web-based applications using C#, WPF, ASP.NET, HTML5 and Angular. Takes part in all aspects of the product development life cycle and help design intuitive and engaging applications that are used by internal and external clients.
- Meets with team members and end-users to establish application requirements.
- Prepares analysis of processes and requirements.
- Contribute to documenting user stories with acceptance criteria
- Consults with team members regarding design and implementation of application.
- Creates databases and application interfaces based on analysis of requirements within established guidelines.
- Writes high performance code using recommended coding standards.
- Implements security access on applications.
- Develops unit tests to test code implementation.
- Develops application testing plans and assist with the quality assurance process.
- Assists with integration strategies between applications.
- Develop custom Web API's.
- Researches latest technology trends.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experience with web services API Integration
- Ability to design SQL database objects for SQL Server 2016, writing stored procedures and user defined functions
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of Azure Dev Ops Server for ALM, Jira, Confluence
- Strong problem solving abilities and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Thorough working knowledge of PCs, networks and web technology
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of four years of software development work experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.