In collaboration with the Blue Sky Attorney, manages and assists with basic and advanced Blue Sky-related research and filings, while providing Blue Sky-related assistance, Firm-wide, to attorneys and other professional staff, as needed.
- Demonstrates an advanced proficiency, and excels, in handling Blue Sky-related research and filings, including Form D filings in the Electronic Filing Depository (EFD).
- In collaboration with the Blue Sky Attorney, serves as a Blue Sky resource for attorneys and other professional staff, Firm-wide, as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of up-to-date practices regarding Blue Sky laws and basic filing procedures.
- Ensures that all files are maintained within Department-approved protocols and case management systems and seeks to improve workflow regarding storage and recall of materials.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- In-depth understanding of advanced task specific concepts and procedures
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Ability to navigate various electronic databases and document repositories
- Strong research skills and proficiency in using various research tools
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Flexibility to travel as required
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in a legal assistant position inclusive of Blue Sky experience, skillset and expertise is a must
- Knowledge of the Electronic Filing Depository system is strongly preferred
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.