The Senior Public Relations Specialist Independently leads Firm participation in directories, awards and surveys submissions across various practices. This position will strategizes with practice leaders and partners on positioning; identifies potential new opportunities for recognition; and writes and edits submissions with the goal of enhancing the Firm brand. Additionally, this position:
- Responsible for securing prominent recognition of the Firm's work that can be directly leveraged for business development and marketing efforts.
- Works with firm management, practice leaders and partners to devise strategy for submissions to legal guides and awards nominations in order to differentiate the firm from peers.
- Builds relationships within specific practices in order to best advance marketing goals.
- Writes and edits award nominations and directory submissions in collaboration with practice leaders and other partners.
- Manages firm recognition projects involving marketing colleagues globally.
- Identifies best practices and provides guidance to colleagues globally.
- Interfaces with editors and researchers in connection with awards, directories and surveys.
- Works with various firm departments to gather information needed for firm and practice surveys.
- Researches new opportunities and analyzes awards and directory participation and marketing efforts by peer firms.
- Assists in compiling peer analysis and historical recognition lists as needed.
- Works with PR specialist to ensure relevant best practices, feedback and other guidance are well documented for future use.
- Supports other public relations initiatives to build the firm brand.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
- Thinks both creatively and pragmatically
- Comfortable with a sophisticated corporate audience
- Communicates courteously and effectively with others
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of three years of prior law firm experience required. Experience managing directory, award and survey submissions.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.