Skadden is looking for a Technology Learning & Development Global Supervisor. As a member of the Technology Learning & Development (“TL&D”) team, the Technology Learning & Development Global Supervisor's primary role is to develop and deliver live training for attorneys and professional staff on Firm-supported applications. Additionally, this position:
- Provides a consistent and high level of customer service.
- Prepares, organizes, and promotes oneSkadden training programs.
- Ensures delivery of training for supported Firm software and hardware.
- Participates on special technology projects, providing workflow analysis and training resources.
- Supervises the development of TL&D content, including: documentation, videos, and eLearning packages for the Firm’s LMS.
- Identifies training needs and communicates with the Global TL&D Manager to develop uniform global offerings.
- Provides weekly training reports.
- Coordinates with department heads, Human Resources, end users and attorneys to assess training needs and promote in-house training resources.
- Works to customize training in accordance to specific needs of individuals or groups.
- Provides feedback to management and recommends further training, assessment and follow-ups.
- Provides global training in accordance with the needs of the Firm.
- Monitors "Work Strategies" SharePoint for TL&D content.
- Monitors ITSM/ISM to identify TL&D opportunities.
- Demonstrates logic, reasoning skills, analysis, and interpretation to resolve problems.
- Develops uniform learning content and instructional materials in collaboration with key subject matter experts, stakeholders and TL&D team.
- Works with TL&D specialists to maintain and improve the standardization of oneSkadden offerings.
- Assesses existing instructional lesson plans to conform with global standards for hardware, software and other Firm processes.
- Schedules core technology training classes within the Professional Development & Events calendar.
- Tests, evaluates, and assigns core and compliance-based training modules within LMS.
- Oversees and handles content management of TL&D resources on the Firm’s intranet.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective.
- work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Maintains a regular and reliable physical presence in order to use on-site equipment and conduct in-person training consistent with the needs of the position.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experience in providing training on Office applications
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in delivering live training
- Consistent demonstration of excellent presentation skills and preparedness
- Understands technical aspects of Firm applications while delivering associated trainings
- Demonstrated proficiency in relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Power PDF, etc.) with the ability to learn additional software and operating systems
- Thorough working knowledge of Firm systems, including: Citrix, eDOCS DM, mobile device technology and apps, Webex, Zoom, Cisco Jabber, DTE Axiom, Aderant Expert Time, Chrome River, Litera Change-Pro & Metadact, Power PDF, Snagit, Windows and macOS operating environments, Legal Technology systems and other relevant legal applications
- A broad knowledge of IT, telecommunications and network systems
- Able to adapt to different situations, and is capable of covering activities ranging from basic first-line support to assisting with global projects and communications to management
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and planning skills
- Must be able to operate independently and understand when to escalate issues
- Ability to use discretion and exercise sound judgment
- Provides excellent customer service through effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Flexibility to travel
- Bachelor's degree or postgraduate degree
- A minimum of five years of experience in developing and delivering technology training
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.