Based in the New York office of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, the U.S. Immigration and Global Mobility Assistant will support the Attorney Development group in U.S. Immigration Matters, Global Mobility, and other administrative responsibilities.
U.S. Immigration Matters
- Inputs visa information into immigration software and maintains visa tracking database.
- Assists in the preparation of immigrant and non-immigrant visa petition filings with the USCIS and visa sponsor organizations for all attorneys, including summer associates, incoming associates and lateral hires and organizes documents and facts for each stage of filing.
- Prepares and coordinates the following: credential evaluation with the evaluation agency, Labor Condition Application with Department of Labor, and translation of documents.
- Monitors visa expiration dates and visa filing deadlines.
- Keeps up to date on developments in immigration law.
- Obtains information regarding latest consular processing procedures via web searches and consulate contacts.
- Prepares and maintains public access files.
- Assists with Form I-9 form compliance.
- Prepares expense reports.
- Provides administrative support for expatriate, international assignment and other global mobility matters.
- Compiles biographical information required for international business visitor visas and work permits.
- Provides administrative support including filing, copying, and other clerical duties.
- Prepares expense reports.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extremely strong administrative skills, including the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent drafting, editing and proofreading skills
- Very strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing
- Interacts effectively and appropriately with reporters, partners, senior administrative staff and peers
- Handles sensitive matters
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet operating needs
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum of one year of related experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.