Skadden is looking for a Web Application Developer who will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Intranet application (theSlate) and all new web-based applications for the Intranet.
- Designs, develops and maintains new web-based applications and databases for the Intranet.
- Troubleshoots issues with new and existing applications and databases, and works with appropriate resources to resolve them.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong UX and CSS experience with demonstrable interest in the area a plus
- Knowledge of MVC, JQuery, TypeScript and Angular a plus
- Strong knowledge of database design and development
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Visual Studio Database Projects a plus
- Knowledge of Sinequa and/or experience with enterprise search a plus
- Knowledge of one or more open-source Machine Learning frameworks and Python a plus
- Use of Team Foundation Server or Git a plus
- Familiarity with software design patterns and standard web development concepts, practices and procedures
- Capacity to work with a variety of technologies
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to read, interpret and follow instructions
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Flexibility to travel
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of two years experience utilizing the above mentioned technology
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.