- Elevates and executes on the full range of our D&I objectives with respect to gender diversity.
- Provides thought leadership and support to our global D&I leadership, including the women's initiatives committee and to our women's networks
- Collaborates with appropriate administrative leads to tie in professional development, pipeline diversity, engagement, recruiting and marketing and communications; and ensures follow-up on derivative projects.
- Stays abreast of local and global trends and innovations in gender diversity and professional development, and where appropriate, recommends and implements programs and policies to advance the firm's goals in this area.
- Analyzes and monitors firm diversity metrics and legal industry benchmarks; and generates internal reports and presentations.
- Generates internal and external communications about the firm's D&I initiatives, e.g., firm newsletters, client and industry survey responses, law student outreach, etc.
- Sustains strategic relationships with key industry organizations and coordinates the firm's participation in appropriate programs and conferences.
- Ensures current knowledge of firm policies and practices for staff, current knowledge of industry trends, and continued professional development for staff.
- Effectively utilizes the firm's performance management process to communicate performance expectations, monitor performance, coach employees, and manage unsatisfactory performance.
- Oversees employees' work performance and provides guidance in the resolution of problems.
- Initiates disciplinary procedures in collaboration with the Human Resources Department.
- Participates in the interviewing, selection and training process.
- Oversees and ensures proper maintenance and day-to-day operation of all department functions.
- Coordinates and oversees department projects, day-to-day operations and long-range plans.
- Knowledge of firm operation, policies and procedures
- Proficient in the relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Current knowledge of industry best practices, trends and techniques
- Knowledge and implementation of the annual budget process
- Demonstrated experience with leading and supervising others
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to administer firm policies and procedures
- Personally handles more complex issues/duties requiring independent exercise of discretion and judgment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, maturity, and sound judgment to sustain credibility and trust
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to be a self-starter, and an understanding of how to accomplish results in a consensus-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to plan, conceptualize, deliver and sustain multi-faceted projects and tasks
- Desire and ability to work in an intellectually stimulating and team-oriented culture
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, ability to be a quick study in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree required; graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of six years of related experience in a professional development and strategic operations function, preferably in a legal or other professional services organization, and current in knowledge about diversity and inclusion best practices
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.