Interested in joining a team of professionals who are smart, motivated and dedicated to supporting the firm and each other? Skadden – known for approaching our clients' most complex matters with innovative and creative thinking – the Business Systems & Information department is hiring a Workday Administrator to join our New York or White Plains, NY offices. In this role, you will work with our HR, Benefits, Payroll communities and other Technology departments. You will be responsible for administering security, business processes, configurations and overall tenant management and will assist in the ongoing development of best practices and related documentation.
- Collaborate and consult with colleagues to understand business & functional drivers across all Workday HR modules (i.e. HCM, Compensation, Payroll, Benefits, Time & Attendance, Talent, Recruiting etc.)
- Provide hands on configuration of Workday calculated fields, business processes, domain and business process security policies and role assignments
- Provide sound solutions and recommend efficient security and organization solutions to support end to end business processes
- Assist with Workday tenant management
- Provide the highest level of customer support via internal ticketing system and all other standard forms of communication and interaction
- Support system functionality testing and issue resolution and develop proof of concepts based on business requirements
- Develop relationships with other Workday domain experts and critical users and partner with internal teams and vendors to ensure alignment of processes to systems and tools as an active member for the Workday community
- Assist as needed in granting security access to Workday, following security protocols
- Assist as an escalation point for unresolved security or business process issues as directed
- Assist with compliance reporting and system monitoring
- Help manage Workday releases, both weekly and semi-annually, identifying impact and enhancement opportunities associated with a new release, and communicating with functional owners and application leads
- Help support regression testing and introduction of required changes as new Workday releases are introduced
- Continually monitor Workday community for updates and changes of value to the Firm
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Examples of actively led multiple end to end Workday projects and additional relevant experience in embracing and implementing solutions for operational improvements and automation
- Knowledge of basic and advanced security configuration, delivered and custom organizations
- Knowledge of Workday business process configurations
- Ability to build and modify custom Workday reports and calculated fields
- Knowledge of creating, loading and troubleshooting EIBs
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Effectively handles multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Appropriately handles sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Works well in a demanding and fast-paced environment, both independently as well as effectively within a team
- Uses discretion and exercises independent and sound judgment
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- 3-5 years of proven Workday expertise designing, implementing and supporting business process and security solutions to meet complex business requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the field of Information Technology or equivalent
The starting base salary for this New York position is expected to be between $100,000 to $130,000 annually. Actual salary will be determined based on skills, experience (to the extent relevant) and other-job related factors, consistent with applicable law.
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world. Relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity, our lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients’ legal issues. We are known for handling the most complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients and each other. Our attorneys and professional staff, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, work together seamlessly across 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
Culture & Life at Skadden
We are proud to have built a team of professionals who are smart, motivated and dedicated to supporting each other. We invest substantial time and effort in hiring and training our teams and recognize that capable and committed people are a valuable asset to the firm. Our goal at Skadden is for everyone to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive healthcare (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k), and voluntary benefits.
- Generous PTO.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning & professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
For further details, please visit: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/employee-benefits
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.