Coordinates attorney development and training, including local and Firmwide CLE/non-CLE program planning, California bar admissions and mentor program tracking. Coordinates all attorney employment activities including processes for hire, termination and leaves of absence, and maintains Workday data. Maintains personnel, evaluation and attendance files. Coordinates all relevant verifications, clearances, registrations, reports, reimbursements and notifications for attorneys.
- Plans and implements training and professional development programs, often coordinating with the New York Office Attorney Development and Attorney Training teams.
- Coordinates new hire process for all attorneys including Workday entry, personnel files and orientation.
- Coordinates new attorney conflicts clearance process.
- Coordinates various aspects of incoming and lateral attorney orientations, including designing orientation schedule and conducting onboarding trainings.
- Processes Bar Exam and moving expense reimbursements.
- Coordinates attorney departure process including termination packets, Workday entry and announcements.
- Assists with updates to Attorney Manual annually.
- Maintains attorney information in Workday.
- Tracks and monitors attorney leaves of absence.
- Provides coordination and support for attorney evaluations, including inputting evaluations, compiling data in preparation for review meetings, and ensuring timely completion of reviews. Maintains attorney evaluation files.
- Coordinates attorney bar admissions and continuing legal education compliance.
- Orders miscellaneous flowers and gifts for clients and attorneys.
- Completes attorney employment verification forms and Bar Admission Affidavits.
- Runs monthly Bar Status Report and forwards to New York office.
- Sends monthly DTE time entry e-mail reminders.
- Coordinates the maintenance of CE Manager; monitors individual attorney CLE status and sends periodic updates and reminders concerning reporting deadlines.
- Assists with coordinating and tracking mentor activities and expenses.
- Responds to various departmental questions or requests.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Provides support to the office diversity, equity and inclusion committee and affinity networks, including scheduling and event coordination.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Current knowledge of industry best practices, trends and techniques
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software (e.g., LawCruit, CE Manager, Symplicity) and operating systems
- Advanced WebEx skills
- Understands firm operations and complies with firm policies and procedures
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Self-starter with strong initiative and leadership skills
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities; effectively prioritizes department work requirements
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to travel
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years' development and/or program coordination experience in a professional services environment
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.