Attorney Development Coordinator
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Skadden) has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world by relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity to deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. By relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity, our lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. We are recognized as a global powerhouse for complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients. Our attorneys, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, collaborate seamlessly across 50-plus practices and 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
We are seeking an Attorney Development Coordinator (mid-level) to join our Firm. This position will be based in our Palo Alto office (hybrid). This position coordinates attorney development and training, including new attorney and summer associate onboarding, engagement, learning and development, event planning, HRIS database management and special projects.
- Coordinates firmwide/local training, as well as organizes and attend in person professional development or engagement programs.
- Provides support for the attorney evaluation process, including compiling data in preparation for review meetings, and ensuring timely completion of reviews.
- Coordinates local Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion events and tracks mentoring program activities.
- Collaborates with speakers and vendors, and stores materials in relevant document management systems.
- Actively participates in team meetings and shares recommendations for improvement.
- Provides support for the new hire process such as building orientation schedules, monitoring completion of training, maintaining department files, and tracking attorney progress through the onboarding process.
- Processes expense reports for reimbursement including, moving expenses, bar registration dues, vendors, etc.
- Coordinates the attorney departure process including termination packets, Workday entry, and announcements.
- Serves as a liaison to respond to various departmental questions or requests.
- Collaborates with team members to coordinate state bar compliance and admission, generates periodic reports, and emails reminders to attorneys and team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Current knowledge of industry best practices, trends and techniques
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities; effectively prioritizes department work requirements
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Self-starter with strong initiative and leadership skills
- Experience with relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat), with the ability to learn new software (e.g., LawCruit, Workday, CE Manager, Symplicity, viDesktop) and operating systems
- Flexibility to travel, adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of three years' related development and/or program coordination experience
The starting base salary for this Palo Alto position is expected to be between $75,000 to $85,000 annually. Actual salary will be determined based on skills, experience (to the extent relevant) and other-job related factors, consistent with applicable law.
Culture & Life at Skadden
What makes Skadden special is our people and the culture, community and spirit of collaboration we have created. We believe in teamwork and inspiring each other to be our best in an atmosphere that promotes professionalism and excellence in all that we do. We know that inclusion, equity and drawing on the strength of a wide spectrum of diverse talent only make us better and is vital to the firm's success. Our goal is for everyone at the firm to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth and to support the well-being of our attorneys and professional staff.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k) and voluntary benefits.
- Generous paid time off.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning and professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
For further details, please visit: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/employee-benefit
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
Skadden EEO and Affirmative Action Policy
Applicants Have Rights Under Federal Employment Law
Applicants Have Rights Under California Employment Law
Skadden will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.