Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Skadden) has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world. By relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity, our lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. We are recognized as a global powerhouse for complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients. Our attorneys, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, collaborate seamlessly across 50-plus practices and 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
Provides coordination and support to the Attorney Development department in a variety of areas including, new attorney and summer associate onboarding, engagement, learning and development, event planning, HRIS database management and special projects.
- Collaborates with team members to coordinate firmwide/local training and evaluations, as well as organize and attend in person professional development or engagement programs.
- Provides support for the attorney performance review process, including compiling data in preparation for review meetings and ensuring timely completion of reviews.
- Collaborates with team members to coordinate CA bar and CLE compliance, including admission progress, generate periodic reports, and email reminders to attorneys and team.
- Processes expenses for reimbursement including, moving expenses, bar and CLE related expenses, vendors, etc.
- Coordinates attorney arrival/departure process including new attorney onboarding and integration processes, building orientation schedules, monitoring completion of training, maintaining department files, tracking attorney progress. and termination packets.
- Assists with Workday entry and announcements relating to arrival/departure process, CA bar admission, and other tracking related to Firm policy.
- Coordinates local Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion events and tracks mentoring program activities.
- Collaborates with speakers and vendors, and stores materials in relevant document management systems.
- Actively participates in team meetings and shares recommendations for improvement.
- Serves as a liaison to respond to various departmental questions or requests.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with colleagues.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Proficient knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Self-starter with initiative and resourcefulness
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work calmly in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to work independently and as a team player
- Flexibility to travel occasionally
- Ability to attend evening events, sometimes with short notice and with increased frequency during peak season
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years' related program or event coordination experience
The starting base salary for this Palo Alto position is expected to be between $75,000 to $85,000 annually. Actual salary will be determined based on skills, experience (to the extent relevant) and other-job related factors, consistent with applicable law.
Culture & Life at Skadden
What makes Skadden special is our people and the culture, community, and spirit of collaboration we have created. We believe in teamwork and inspiring each other to be our best in an atmosphere that promotes professionalism and excellence in all that we do. We know that inclusion, equity, and drawing on the strength of a wide spectrum of diverse talent only make us better and is vital to the Firm's success. Our goal is for everyone at the Firm to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth and to support the well-being of our attorneys and professional staff.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k), and voluntary benefits.
- Generous paid time off.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning and professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
For further details, please visit: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/employee-benefit.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
Skadden will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.