The Attorney Recruiting Coordinator works closely with the Attorney Recruiting Manager to provide support to the attorney recruiting function of the Palo Alto office by coordinating efforts related to law student, incoming and lateral attorney recruitment, and the summer associate program.
- Provides coordination and support for all activities involved in law student hiring, campus outreach, and the summer associate program. Includes registration process at assigned schools, including applicant tracking, compiling information packets and schedules for on-campus interviewers, making travel arrangements and planning events and follow-up.
- Liaise with New York and other offices to unify on-campus recruiting efforts and on-campus relations.
- Coordinates various aspects of lateral and entry-level attorney recruiting.
- Coordinates call-back interview process, gathers and tracks information, conducts follow-up contact and correspondence. Prepares Hiring Committee meeting materials.
- Coordinates Summer Associate Program. Includes on-boarding, orientation, training, events, evaluations and feedback and offers.
- Coordinates Skadden 1L Scholars Program which includes recruitment and administration.
- Provides coordination and support with data-entry, applicant and expense tracking, departmental correspondence, and prepares statistical information for internal and external use as needed.
- Interfaces regularly with law school placement offices, legal recruiting professionals, and internal firm attorneys and leadership
- Assists with on-campus diversity initiatives that align with Firm and office DEI objectives.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages resources responsibly
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Current knowledge of industry best practices, trends and techniques.
- Strong technical skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; proficiency in talent management software (preferably LawCruit) a plus.
- Strong work ethic and personal motivation, high professional standards, and demonstrates initiative and resilience.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and planning skills.
- Ability to work well in demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Understands firm operations and complies with firm policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and effectively prioritize department work requirements.
- Ability to use discretion, exercise good judgment and handle sensitive/confidential matters.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that facilitate courteous and positive work relationships with others.
- Flexibility to occasionally travel and adjust hours to meet operating needs (including evenings and weekends, as needed)
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 3 years' progressively responsible administrative experience, two of which were in a law firm or law school providing recruiting support
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.