Provides client accounting analysis and billing support to partners. Coordinates client accounting activity for assigned partners and practice areas to meet service guidelines. Works closely with Client Accounting Supervisor.
- Handles complex billing and client analysis projects.
- Manages assigned Partner(s) INV (Unbilled and AR) balances.
- Reviews outstanding INV reports and is proactive to prevent stale or uncollectable INV.
- Understands and responds to inquiries and requests made by clients, attorneys and support staff.
- Provides relevant knowledge and support to others in the Firm.
- Ability to formulate strong work team relationships both internally and externally.
- Prepares bills and internal forms including appropriate back-up required to process A/R write-offs, retainer and on-account applications, etc.
- Documents meetings/discussions with partners for actions and/or later follow-up.
- Actively seeks to enhance knowledge of all Client Accounting procedures and processes.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date profiles for each partner and/or client.
- Updates and maintains task list for billing, collections, accruals, action items and responses.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Aderant, StarCollect, TheSlate, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Ability to work and develop skills independently
- Deals courteously and effectively with others
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum one year billing experience with some account analysis related functions
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.