Assists Corporate practice area attorneys and legal assistants with a variety of assignments and projects throughout a corporate deal/transaction.
- Provides Corporate practice area support, including handling of routine corporate matters such as formations, organization of documents and agreements.
- Proofreads and assists with SEC filings, proofread other agreements for sense, grammar, consistency, cross-references, definitions, formatting, facts and typos.
- Maintains closing files, assists with transaction closings and compiles closing sets.
- Creates and maintains/manages data rooms.
- Organizes and manages electronic and paper files.
- Ensures that all files are maintained within Department-approved protocols and case management systems.
- Maintains integrity of client files.
- Conducts due diligence non-legal research using various research tools.
- Assists other legal assistants and attorneys across practice areas.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Ability to navigate various electronic databases and document repositories.
- Strong research skills and proficiency in using various research tools, including the Internet, Westlaw, LexisNexis and SEC/EDGAR.
- Excellent analytical and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to deal courteously/effectively with others.
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting.
- Ability to assume progressive responsibilities within assigned work as experience is gained in the position.
- Ability to handle confidential/sensitive matters.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and shifting priorities.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Ability to work overtime and to travel as required.
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet operating needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must be able to meet the requirements of a California Paralegal under CA Business and Professions Code section 6450
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a legal assistant/paralegal position requiring similar skillset, expertise and experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
Skadden will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.