The Palo Alto Office of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP is looking to hire a full-time Office Administrative Assistant, reporting to the Office Administrator. This position will provide diversified administrative duties for the various administrative departments in the Palo Alto office.
- Provides administrative support including, but not limited to: answering, screening, and placing telephone calls; directing calls and assisting callers as appropriate and submitting requests for services as needed; maintaining calendars and contact lists; preparing expense reports; distributing mail; and making travel arrangements.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and provides logistical support including conference rooms, meals, room set up, audio-visual requests, and preparing materials.
- Assists the Office Administrator and the administrative departments with special projects as needed.
- Assists department heads with administrative recordkeeping, to include timekeeping, attendance tracking, and related reports.
- Prepares presentation materials for department heads.
- Assists in planning employee and Firm special events and functions, including researching potential events/activities for the office.
- Administers the commuter check program quarterly for staff and attorneys, and distributes the commuter checks monthly.
- Assists the Human Resources department to administer the Caltrain Go Pass Program for staff and attorneys.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Proficiency with basic mathematical functions
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates proficiency and accuracy in written communication, to include spelling, grammar, and the ability to proofread
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of two years' of administrative experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
Skadden will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.