The Office Administrative Assistant provides diversified administrative support for the Office Administrative Director for the Palo Alto office. This position also provides support to the Office Services Manager for the office contract processes and provides backup support to the Accounting Coordinator for invoice processing.
- Provides administrative support including scheduling; maintaining calendars and contact lists; preparing expense reports; and making travel arrangements.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and arranges logistical support including conference rooms, meals, room set up, audio-visual requests, and preparing materials.
- Sets up and maintains administrative files and records.
- Maintains yearly event calendar for Office Administrative Director.
- Assists Office Administrative Director and Office Services Manager with office-specific vendor contracts and Certificates of Insurance (COI) and related administrative processing.
- Assists Office Administrative Director and Human Resources Manager with planning employee and Firm special events and functions, to include Holiday Party, Staff Appreciation Day, Take Your Children to Work Day, and office philanthropic events. Researches potential events/activities for the office.
- Assists Office Administrative Director, Human Resources Regional Senior Manager, and Human Resources Manager with Palo Alto Wellbeing program, to include coordination of office-specific wellbeing events.
- Assists with content updates to Palo Alto Slate pages, under guidance of Office Administrative Director.
- Assists Office Administrative Director with budget functions to include creation and maintenance of tracking spreadsheets, distribution of monthly budget reports to department managers, and compilation of budget documents and binders.
- Manages the Palo Alto office sports ticket distribution for business development events, in collaboration with Office Administrative Director and Marketing & Communications Specialist.
- Provides backup support to Accounting Coordinator for accounts payable invoices and invoice session processing.
- Assists the Office Administrative Director with special projects as needed.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Firm operation, policies, and procedures
- Proficiency with and knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Aderant Expert), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Proficiency with basic mathematical functions
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates proficiency and accuracy in written communication, to include spelling, grammar, and the ability to proofread
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years' progressively responsible administrative experience in a law firm or similar setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.