As part of the team in the Office Services Department, this position acts as back-up and support to Reception, Conference Services, Facilities, and the Reprographics. This position will primarily provide assistance with reception coverage, conference/meeting set ups, catering ordering, the stocking and cleaning of kitchens, supply rooms, conference rooms, and facilities related tasks. This position will also assist with, scanning/printing/binding requests, and mail distribution as needed
- Stock supplies
- Maintain appliance cleanliness
- Make coffee
- Keep counters clean
- Set up conference rooms per daily conference services activity report
- Maintain and clean conference rooms so they are always presentable for the next meeting
- Stock and organize the supply drawers in each conference room
- Wipe all surfaces in the conference rooms to maintain a clean appearance
- Provide coverage to reception area as needed through the utilization of the reception telephone software platform
- Assist with conference/meeting reservations through the scheduling software platform
- Assist with facilities and building maintenance requests through submissions to the building facilities software platform
- Assist Office Services Specialists with facilities related tasks, such as office moves, vendor oversight, and assistance with the Firm facilities software Facilities Management Interact
- Keep copy rooms stocked with supplies
- Fill copiers and printers with appropriate paper for the trays
- Keep the counter space clean and organized
- Assist with scanning, printing, binder requests as needed with an awareness to time constraints, communication of progress and accuracy
- Operates PSSHIP handheld and PSSHIP software for tracking and processing shipments and uses the mail machine for outgoing mail processing.
- Assists with coordination of messenger requests for various pick up and drop off deliveries for the office. This may include court drops, specialized requests, and after-hour requests.
- Support distribution activities by accepting incoming packages from FedEx, UPS, USPS, and other shipping vendors and checking Firm mail in with the PsShip handheld, performing internal mail rounds at designated times for internal and external distribution.
- Assist with creating labels via PSSHIIP and creating the pouch for shipping to other offices in the Firm.
- Assist with arranging couriers as needed
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned
- Ability to work directly with the staff in Conference Services, Facilities and Reprographics.
- Must have good customer service skills. Possess a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, bend, climb ladders and push utility carts.
- Ability to sit, walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates close attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business need, including after-hours and weekend shifts.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a similar role or environment desired
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.