Skadden's global Technology Learning & Development (“TL&D”) team is seeking an Instructional Designer whose primary role will be to support the design of instructional content for attorneys and professional staff on the Firm’s supported applications using proven learning strategies. This position works with the TL&D team to develop resources and communications, including: videos, eLearning modules, packages for the Firm’s learning management system (“LMS”), and documentation and with TL&D and LMS teams to assess internal and external offerings and shapes their customization and delivery. The Instructional Designer evaluates performance and reception of training initiatives via tracking metrics and collaborates with with subject matter experts to understand content being developed and delivered, modifying existing content based on feedback and changes in technology.
- Supports the development of TL&D content, including: videos, eLearning modules, LMS packages, and documentation
- Assists on special technology projects, providing workflow analysis and resource development
- Works with colleagues to maintain and improve the standardization of oneSkadden offerings
- Assesses existing instructional content to conform with global standards for hardware, software and other Firm processes
- Promotes live oneSkadden training programs
- Tests and evaluates existing external LMS offerings
- Identifies Firm training needs and communicates with Global TL&D Supervisor and Global TL&D Supervisor to develop uniform offerings for global delivery
- Provides weekly training reports
- Provides live training in accordance with the needs of the Firm
- Monitors "Work Strategies” SharePoint for TL&D content
- Monitors ITSM/ISM incidents for TL&D opportunities
- Demonstrates logic, reasoning skills, analysis, and interpretation to resolve problems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others
- Manages Firm resources responsibly
- Maintains a regular and reliable physical presence in order to use on-site equipment and conduct in-person training consistent with the needs of the position
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Demonstrated proficiency in instructional design software (e.g., Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, etc.)
- Understands technical aspects of Firm applications in order to design instructional content
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Power PDF, etc.) with the ability to learn additional software and operating systems
- Thorough working knowledge of Firm systems, including: Citrix, eDOCS DM, mobile device technology and apps, Webex, Zoom, Cisco Jabber, DTE Axiom, Aderant Expert Time, Chrome River, Litera Change-Pro & Metadact, Power PDF, Snagit, Windows and macOS operating environments, Legal Technology systems and other relevant legal applications
- Able to present Technology Orientations to new arrivals, ensuring a professional "Day One" training experience
- Able to adapt to different situations, and is capable of covering activities ranging from basic first-line support to assisting with global projects and communications to management
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and planning skills
- Must be able to operate independently and understand when to escalate issues
- Ability to use discretion and exercise sound judgment
- Provides excellent customer service through effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Flexibility to travel
- Bachelor's degree or postgraduate degree
- A minimum of two years of experience in instructional design
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
Skadden will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.