Supervises daily operations of Secretarial Services department, to include staffing, training, and development of the secretarial staff. Coordinates workflow and large-scale project support within department and in collaboration with other support departments. Provides problem-solving assistance and participates in office-wide committees, projects, and initiatives.
- Oversees the daily operations of the Secretarial Services department by ensuring appropriate staffing levels, coordinating workflow as needed, and effectively managing employee relations matters.
- Oversees employees' work performance and provides guidance in the resolution of problems.
- Develops and communicates departmental and Firm guidelines and procedures.
- Regularly communicates / coordinates with attorneys to ensure appropriate coverage and support needs are provided.
- Consults regularly and works collaboratively with Office Administrator, Human Resources, other managers and administrative personnel.
- Monitors time, attendance, overtime and expense reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with Firm policies.
- Supervises professional development of Secretaries in keeping with evolving needs of practice areas, technological advancements and continuously improved efficiency.
- Identifies training resources across departments and throughout the Firm; coordinates training for assigned staff on industry specific and department processes.
- Promotes teamwork and collaboration among team members and other support departments.
- Consults with the Office Administrator and Human Resources department regarding office operations concerns, employment law issues, policy and procedural changes, and specific personnel issues.
- Maintains extreme confidentiality, continuous concentration, alertness and attention to detail necessary to uphold SASM&F standards.
- Ensures current knowledge of Firm policies and practices for staff, current knowledge of industry trends, and continued professional development for staff.
- Participates in the interviewing, selection, onboarding, and training process.
- Effectively provides ongoing coaching and utilizes the Firm's performance management process to communicate performance expectations, monitor performance, coach employees and manage unsatisfactory performance.
- Prepares, writes, and delivers annual performance evaluations.
- Recommends disciplinary procedures in collaboration with Office Administrator and Human Resources Department.
- Recommends guidelines and practices to promote efficient, effective, excellent customer service and improved employee relations, in alignment with the Firm's Core Values.
- Engages in strategic (i.e., long-range) planning by developing departmental goals and supporting objectives.
- Works with Office Administrator to forecast financial and budget requirements for the department, prepares related reports, and monitors the budget.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective working relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operations, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Firm operations, policies and procedures
- Current knowledge of industry best practices, trends and techniques
- Familiarity with California wage and hour laws
- Knowledge of relevant computer software programs (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Knowledge and management of departmental budget and familiarity with annual budget process
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to interface with attorneys, management, and professional support staff at all levels
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Demonstrated experience with leading and supervising others
- Ability to employ coaching and problem-solving techniques
- Ability to administer Firm policies and procedures with authority
- Ability to use logic and reasoning skills to resolve problems and propose solutions
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and delegate effectively
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three years related experience.
• High School diploma with a minimum of five years related experience.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
Skadden will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.