Technology Support focused position that provides local technology support and coordinates special projects within the technology group. Acts as a liaison between the PAL Technology Team and New York and other SASM&F offices. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Provides local hardware support for iPhones, Android, Blackberry, scanners, fax machines, printers, PC, keyboards and mice. Telephone and phone switch, Handles monitor and printer rollouts, PC re-imaging, and inventory for scanning hardware.
- Coordinates new hire activation for network, fax account, soft token and the set-up and activation of wireless devices. Administers FOB SecurID to create a HEAT ticket for new RSA accounts and to import/install soft tokens. Assigns new FOBs or soft tokens when appropriate, troubleshoots error messages on blackberry soft token and other related issues.
- Consults with attorneys for technology purchases including laptops, monitors, Blackberry and wireless mice and keyboards. Provides general MAC support including tethered modem install. Delivers technical floor support. Responds to off-hours issues for Partner technology support including special needs for third party applications and connectivity issues.
- Performs conference room set-ups and break downs including test connections, powering down of equipment and VT with other offices.
- Troubleshoots Network integrity and latency issues, working with NetOps to solve and report through ITSM to NYC. Further troubleshoots advanced issues for research and repairs.
- Provides interdepartmental software support and performs software upgrades. Pilot tests software by installing and testing new applications; upgrades software, and installs new software. Tests hardware and applications in coordination with other departments and end users.
- Checks the daily technical service report/email to provide additional information when needed. Reviews, assigns, acknowledges and resolves ITSM tickets. Maintains Alert Monitor to respond to tickets in a timely manner.
- Interacts with conference services for clarification, potential room and equipment conflicts, configuration, and other equipment needs; interacts with clients, attorneys, guests, and other Skadden office techs to determine technical needs and to test the equipment to ensure smooth delivery of service.
- Assesses the needs and requirements of the off-site trial support by meeting with the case manager and attorneys involved with the case. Orders equipment, coordinates delivery, set-up and testing of equipment and communicates the line of command with the department and office.
- Updates management and end users on Technology Advisories in a timely manner. Communicates and coordinates with NETOPS. Communicates end user issues to NY and technology changes to end users as well as Tech advisories.
- Installs, maintains and troubleshoots TMetrics, Wireless headsets and other department specific applications.
- Investigates Firm wide issues by fact gathering through various resources and works with departments for best practices to integrate Firm resources more effectively.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
- Duties are diverse and require logic, reasoning skills, analysis and interpretation to resolve problems. Many of the duties are different than standard practices
- The position requires continuous concentration, alertness and attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 to 4 years of specialized technical training
- 3 to 5 years of previous related work experience and knowledge of current technology applications, hardware and software such as the following:
- Microsoft Office Suites
- PC and MAC Environments
- eDocs DM
- iPhone and other Android handheld devices, and remaining blackberry devices.
- General Desktop Environment
- Operating Systems- Windows 7, XP
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
Skadden will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.