Provides technology support to the local office for areas including software, hardware, infrastructure, network services, mobile and remote services, audio visual, telephony and security systems. Provides a high level of customer service, accurate reporting and team work with other local technology staff as well as the Firm's central resources in White Plains. Works under the direction of Senior Technology Support Analyst, Technology Support Supervisor and Technology Manager.
- Provides a consistent and high level of customer service.
- Assembles, installs, configures, tests, images, troubleshoots and repairs hardware and peripherals, including but not limited to computers, printers, scanners, fax machines and mobile devices.
- Responds to local and central telephone helpline, support tickets and e-mails (provides information, assesses problems and offers assistance).
- Logs all calls into the Firm's call logging systems and resolves or escalates as appropriate.
- Provides application support for both local installations and Citrix-based applications.
- Provides support, troubleshooting and repair for laptops and desktops.
- Provides mobile device support, set up configuration, support and end user training.
- Provides escalation support for tickets from junior technology support analysts.
- Assists with the Firm's audio visual set up requirements.
- Provides assistance and advice on technology allowance purchases for attorneys.
- Assists with remote site set ups and access.
- Maintains data room components, data closets and troubleshoots networking issues in conjunction with the Technology Manager/Supervisor.
- Supports all personnel adds, moves and changes.
- Services, documents and provides loaner equipment in accordance with Firm policies.
- Maintains accurate inventory records.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients, attorneys and staff.
- Ensures the security of the Firms systems by understanding the risks and ensuring best practices are followed.
- Helps to maintain Firm policies and procedures in relation to computer technology.
- Provides basic induction training on technology systems, mobile device usage and basic software usage.
- Provides software training based upon modules created by the global training department.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Through working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Citrix, PC and Mac Environments, eDocs DM, iPhone and other mobile devices, DTE, Litera ChangePro, General Desktop Environments, Operating Systems- Windows and Mac
- Ability to apply logic, reasoning, analysis and interpretation skills to resolve problems
- Ability to maintain continuous concentration, alertness and attention to detail
- Basic understanding of hardware and software used for building security systems
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems [If Applicable]
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to travel
- Strong customer service skills
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years of specialized technical training and three years of previous related work experience; and knowledge of current technology applications, hardware and software
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or email@example.com.