Skadden is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our Secretarial Services team in the Washington, D.C. office. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Administrative Assistant will play an integral role in helping the firm provide high-quality service to clients.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and secretarial support for the Secretarial Services/Operations Group Departments. The Administrative Assistant serves as back-up to the Secretarial Services/Operations Group Supervisor.
- Prepares quarterly Prox reports.
- Coordinates the sign up for and assignment of overtime requests; maintains Excel chart of overtime worked by employee for monthly report to Manager and Supervisor.
- Maintains departmental files and tracking system.
- Assists with absence requests and maintains accuracy within the departmental database system, including leave requests, early departures, lateness, unscheduled leaves, etc.
- Maintains desk profiles and follows-up with Executive Assistants whenever changes take place with their assignments to obtain an updated desk profile.
- Acts as back-up to the Manager and or Supervisor with the new hire orientation process including conducting office tours, training new hires in the use of office equipment including telephone and copy equipment, escorting new hires to additional orientation meetings, etc.
- Participates in the orientation with attorneys, legal assistants and other professional staff as needed.
- Maintains the orientation handouts as well as departmental information on the firm's intranet.
- Coordinates the logistics for in-house meetings (e.g., conference room scheduling, WebEx meetings,. food services, audio/visual requests, etc.).
- Assists with the annual evaluation process, including, if required, sending out evaluations (attorney and team), checking-in evaluations, following-up with missing evaluations, coordinating evaluation meetings, making appropriate copies of evaluations to be sent to HR and held in the department.
- Follows up with departing attorneys to obtain evaluations for the assigned Executive Assistant.
- Maintains Time Ticket updates. Reviews and approves Time Tickets for assigned departments and prepares overtime authorizations for the Supervisor's signature. Sends follow-up memoranda regarding missing Time Tickets and Overtime Authorizations, as needed.
- Processes expense reports for assigned departments including reviewing reports, making corrections as necessary, communicating with professional staff regarding reports, submitting reports for approval by Manager or Supervisor.
- Assists with Operations Group tracking chart and sending evaluations to end users regarding quality and accuracy of work request.
- Oversees Visiting Attorney requests, including assisting visiting attorneys in the Visitor's Center.
- Assists with Reception coverage as needed.
- Provides Daily Task Reports prepared by Executive Assistants.
- Assists Manager and/or Supervisor with budget preparation.
- Orders supplies and maintains records for the Reprographics Center.
- Maintains record of equipment repairs for Reprographics Center and Document Processing Center.
- Prepares general correspondence and generates reports for department. Answers, screens, and places telephone calls.
- Opens, reads, and routes mail.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel) with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Ability to relocate workstation as needed.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions.
- Demonstrates close attention to detail.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years of administrative or secretarial experience in a professional work environment.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.