Skadden is seeking an Antitrust Filing Coordinator to join our Antitrust team in the Washington, D.C. office. The Antitrust Filing Coordinator advises and assists Firm attorneys across offices with the antitrust premerger notification and reporting requirements of the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act ("HSR"). The Antitrust Filing Coordinator handles complex projects throughout all phases and aspects of assembly and submitting HSR filings to the Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) and Department of Justice (“DOJ”) by working with clients, Firm professional staff, and Firm attorneys across practice groups primarily in the DC, Palo Alto and NY offices.
- Communicates with clients regarding HSR requirements, submissions, and methodology for collecting and presenting materials for filings.
- Prepares HSR forms, memoranda, and overviews relating to HSR submissions using transaction documents, prior HSR filings, SEC filings, publicly available information, and data received from clients.
- Manages and coordinates document and exhibit preparation for HSR filings to the FTC and DOJ.
- Coordinates with HSR counsel in DC and NY for other filing parties regarding transaction descriptions, shared documents, and overlapping revenue information to ensure both sides' filings are submitted with consistent information and documents.
- Manages databases in accordance with Firm standards.
- Ensures that all antitrust files are maintained with department-approved protocols and case management systems.
- Proofreads and quality checks documents, forms, and exhibits.
- Maintains integrity of client files.
- Offers guidance to attorneys, members of the department and other professional staff.
- Facilitates communication across support departments and/or within case/deal teams.
- Coordinates and assists with handling complex projects and assumes ownership of final outcome.
- Coordinates and assists with retrieval of rules, regulations and company profiles, as needed.
- Performs non-legal research using various research tools.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to coordinate large-scale and/or high level projects amongst colleagues, professional staff and other departments.
- Ability to assume leadership responsibilities.
- Ability to navigate various electronic databases and document repositories.
- Strong research skills and proficiency in using various research tools.
- Excellent analytical and trouble shooting skills.
- Flexibility to travel as required.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of two years of experience in a legal assistant position or a position requiring similar skillset, expertise and experience; HSR filing experience preferred.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.