Skadden is seeking an Attorney Recruiting and Development Assistant to join our Attorney Recruiting and Development team in the Washington, D.C. office. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Attorney Recruiting and Development Assistant will play an integral role in helping the firm provide high-quality service to clients.
The Attorney Recruiting and Development Assistant provides administrative and secretarial support for the Attorney Recruiting and Development department.
- Assists Managers with administrative work and projects.
- Answers and screens department calls.
- Opens, reads, and routes mail to appropriate recipient(s).
- Prepares correspondence, documents, reports and spreadsheets.
- Maintains department files, central index of recruitment and development files, records, calendars and time records.
- Processes all invoices, check requests, and expense reports by confirming the accuracy of the reports and ensuring that supporting documentation is attached prior to forwarding the documents for signature.
- Coordinates conference rooms including logistics for food and room set-up.
- Compiles documents for Hiring Committee meetings, prepares agenda, and coordinates logistics for meetings on a weekly basis.
- Assists with planning summer associate and attorney events.
- Tracks RSVPs and creates name badges for events.
- Assists with the arrival, departure and orientation of all attorneys (judicial clerks, new associates), and summer associates (e.g., welcome/acceptance letters, forms, welcome packets, updating Attorney Manual, processing moving expenses, etc.) including office tours.
- Assists with administrative duties for fall hiring season including Lawcruit data entry (applicants, write-in resumes, scheduling), offices tours, review Skadline and DC Hire mailbox.
- Assists with supporting DC Office Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts.
- Performs frequent physical exertion including: sitting, repetitive use of both hands, lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel) with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of administrative or secretarial experience in a professional services environment.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.