Skadden is seeking an Attorney Recruiting and Development Coordinator to join our Attorney Recruiting and Development team in the Washington, D.C. office. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Attorney Recruiting and Development Coordinator will play an integral role in helping the firm provide high-quality service to clients.
The Attorney Recruiting and Development Coordinator coordinates attorney recruiting, development and diversity initiatives and supports overall department needs with special projects.
- Works with department supervisor and other coordinators on fall on-campus recruiting program with a particular focus on coordinating interview schedules.
- Participates in planning all aspects of summer associate program including orientation, training, and evaluation process; planning and attending events; preparing program materials, assignments and database; monitoring mentor/department liaison program; monitoring program expenses and Summer Associate overall experience.
- Coordinates returning associate mentor program, including communications and budget tracking.
- Monitors information for purposes of applicant tracking and coordinates applications with other offices.
- Assists with development of budget for summer associate program, fall on-campus recruiting, and diversity programs.
- Coordinates interview process for 1L Scholars program including distributing materials, attending related on campus events, serving as point person for applications and candidate call back process.
- Collaborates with DC affinity groups with respect to recruiting efforts, events, programming, and meetings.
- Implements and assists department manager with overseeing DC SEO program.
- Assists with coordination of new attorney orientation.
- Assists with coordination of attorney training programs.
- Assists with attorney evaluation and review process.
- Serves as a resource for attorneys in the DC office.
- Coordinates and supports overall department needs with special projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Current knowledge of industry trends and techniques.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel) with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible related experience or a combination of one year related experience in a law firm along with a minimum of two years administrative experience.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.