Skadden is seeking an Attorney Recruiting and Development Coordinator to join our Attorney Recruiting and Development team in the Washington, D.C. office. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Attorney Recruiting and Development Coordinator will play an integral role in helping the firm provide high-quality service to clients.
The Attorney Recruiting and Development Coordinator coordinates aspects of summer program, law school, entry-level, and lateral recruiting. Assists with new attorney orientation and training. Coordinates aspects of attorney wellness programs and participates in diversity and women's initiatives.
- Works with department supervisor and other coordinators on fall on-campus recruiting program with a particular focus on coordinating interview schedules.
- Participates in planning all aspects of summer associate program including orientation, training, and evaluation process; preparing program manual, assignments and database; monitoring mentor/department liaison program; managing events.
- Monitors information in Lawcruit for purposes of applicant tracking and coordinates applications with other offices.
- Assists with development of budget for summer associate program, fall on-campus recruiting, attorney development initiatives and diversity programs.
- Coordinates interview process for 1L Scholars program including distributing materials, attending related on campus events, serving as point person for applications and candidate call back process.
- Prepares materials for administrator and hiring and diversity committees to review as they make offer decisions for 1L candidates.
- Coordinates orientation schedule and material preparation for lateral hires and transfer attorneys.
- Coordinates aspects of attorney training programs.
- Collaborates with DC affinity networks with respect to their year round events and on campus outreach during recruiting season.
- Implements and assists with overseeing DC SEO program.
- Assists with preparation of recruiting and informational brochures and memoranda for internal distribution.
- Responsible for tracking attorney LOA requests and subsequent time out of the office.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Current knowledge of industry trends and techniques.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel) with the ability to learn new software (Lawson, Lawcruit, and internet and intranet applications including Skadline) and operating systems.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible related experience or a combination of one year related experience in a law firm along with a minimum of two years administrative experience.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.