Skadden is seeking an Attorney Recruiting Assistant to join our Attorney Recruiting team in the Washington, D.C. office. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Attorney Recruiting Assistant will play an integral role in helping the firm provide high-quality service to clients.
The Attorney Recruiting Assistant provides administrative and secretarial support for the Attorney Recruiting department.
- Provides administrative support including, but not limited to, telephone and receptionist services, logistical arrangements for meetings, maintaining calendars, and distribution of department mail.
- Prepares correspondence, documents, reports and spreadsheets.
- Maintains department files, central index of recruitment files, records, calendars and time records.
- Processes invoices, check requests, and expense reports by confirming the accuracy of the reports and ensuring that supporting documentation is attached prior to forwarding the documents for signature.
- Coordinates conference rooms including logistics for food and room set-up.
- Compiles documents for Hiring Committee meetings, prepares agenda, and coordinates logistics for meetings on a weekly basis.
- Assists with planning summer associate and attorney events.
- Tracks RSVPs and creates name badges for events.
- Assists with the arrival, departure and orientation of attorneys (judicial clerks, new associates), and summer associates (e.g., welcome/acceptance letters, forms, welcome packets, updating Attorney Manual, processing moving expenses, etc.) including office tours.
- Assists with administrative duties for fall hiring season including Lawcruit data entry (applicants, write-in resumes, scheduling), offices tours, review Skadline and DC Hire mailbox.
- Assists with supporting the DC Office diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands firm operations, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Performs frequent physical exertion including: sitting, repetitive use of both hands, lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel) with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Demonstrates close attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of administrative or secretarial experience in a professional services environment.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.