Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Skadden) has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world by relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity to deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. By relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity, our lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. We are recognized as a global powerhouse for complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients. Our attorneys, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, collaborate seamlessly across 50-plus practices and 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
We are seeking an Attorney Recruiting Assistant to join our Attorney Recruiting team in the Washington D.C. office. This position has a hybrid in-office-remote working schedule. The Attorney Recruitment Assistant provides administrative and secretarial support for the Attorney Recruiting department.
- Provides administrative support including, but not limited to, telephone and receptionist services, logistical arrangements for meetings, maintaining calendars, and distribution of department mail.
- Prepares correspondence, documents, reports and spreadsheets.
- Maintains department files, central index of recruitment files, records, calendars and time records.
- Processes invoices, check requests, and expense reports by confirming the accuracy of the reports and ensuring that supporting documentation is attached prior to forwarding the documents for signature.
- Coordinates conference rooms including logistics for food and room set-up.
- Compiles documents for Hiring Committee meetings, prepares agenda, and coordinates logistics for meetings on a weekly basis.
- Assists with planning summer associate and attorney events.
- Tracks RSVPs and creates name badges for events.
- Assists with the arrival, departure and orientation of attorneys (judicial clerks, new associates), and summer associates (e.g., welcome/acceptance letters, forms, welcome packets, updating Attorney Manual, processing moving expenses, etc.) including office tours.
- Assists with administrative duties for fall hiring season including Lawcruit data entry (applicants, write-in resumes, scheduling), offices tours, review Skadline and DC Hire mailbox.
- Assists with supporting the DC Office diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands firm operations, policies, and procedures.
- Performs frequent physical exertion including: sitting, repetitive use of both hands, lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel) with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates close attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of administrative or secretarial experience.
Culture & Life at Skadden
What makes Skadden special is our people and the culture, community and spirit of collaboration we have created. We believe in teamwork and inspiring each other to be our best in an atmosphere that promotes professionalism and excellence in all that we do. We know that inclusion, equity and drawing on the strength of a wide spectrum of diverse talent only make us better and is vital to the firm's success. Our goal is for everyone at the firm to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth and to support the well-being of our attorneys and professional staff.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k) and voluntary benefits.
- Generous paid time off.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning and professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
For further details, please visit: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/employee-benefits
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Disability/Vet/other protected categories). For more information, please visit Skadden.com/careers.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.