Skadden is seeking an Attorney Recruiting Supervisor to join our Attorney Recruiting team in the Washington, D.C. Office. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Attorney Recruiting Supervisor will play an integral role in helping the firm provide high-quality service to clients.
The Attorney Recruiting Supervisor partners with the Sr. Manager, Attorney Recruiting and Development to supervisor all aspects of the attorney recruitment efforts in the Washington, DC office, including on-campus interview process and summer associate program. Ensures department operating needs are met by providing oversight and guidance to the department professional staff.
- Supervises administrative items related to the on-campus interview process including standardized communications, Hiring Committee, staffing, budget management, etc.
- Supervises administrative items related to the summer associate program including onboarding/pre-hire diligence, program calendars, standardized communications, Assignments Committee, staffing, budget management, etc.
- Reviews unsolicited resumes and applications, coordinates interview schedules, and ensures onboarding/pre-hire diligence is performed in a timely manner.
- Supervises elements of the budget process for the DC office.
- Participates in attorney engagement and retention initiatives.
- Supervises the department professional staff including conducting employment searches, onboarding, training, overseeing work performance, writing/delivering performance reviews, approving timecard entries, approving time off requests, etc.
- Coordinates, oversees and ensures proper maintenance, department projects, day-to-day operations and long-range plans of department functions.
- Ensures current knowledge of firm policies and practices for professional staff, current knowledge of industry trends and continued professional development for professional staff. Recommends and implements changes and improvements in methods and procedures to higher level management.
- Assists with developing the department budget.
- Recommends and participates in disciplinary procedures in collaboration with the department Sr. Manager and Human Resources.
- Assists Sr. Manager in effectively utilizing the firm's performance management process to communicate performance expectations, monitor performance, coach employees, and manage unsatisfactory performance.
- Recommends guidelines and practices to promote efficiency, effectiveness, excellent customer service, and improved employee relations, in alignment with the firm's Core Values.
- Develops and communicates departmental guidelines and procedures.
- Ensures accurate and timely responses to requests for departmental services.
- Collaborates with Attorney Development team on overlapping projects and priorities, and as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Current knowledge of Attorney Recruiting industry best practices, trends, and techniques.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Workday, Webex) with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Knowledge and implementation of the annual budget process.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively supervise others and employ coaching and problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to administer firm policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility to travel and adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of four years recruiting experience in a corporate environment and two years of leadership or supervisory experience.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.