Skadden is seeking an Audio/Visual Technical Specialist to join our Technology Support team in the Washington, D.C. office. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Audio/Visual Technical Specialist will play an integral role in helping the firm provide high-quality service to clients. The team of knowledgeable and talented staff at Skadden are dedicated to supporting our lawyers in their goal to provide excellence in legal and client services.
The Audio/Visual Technical Specialist oversees all aspects of the audio/visual support to the Washington, DC office by operating various audio/visual equipment and systems, ensuring equipment functionality, troubleshooting audio/visual related issues, and training department staff as needed. The hours for the position are 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Schedules and provides technical assistance with setup and support of video conferences, audio conferences, webinars and presentations.
- Provides audio/visual equipment support.
- Works in conjunction with the conference room technology team on A/V equipment updates following Firm standards and best practices.
- Assists with the evaluation, recommendation, and integration of emerging AV technologies for the Firm.
- Assists with conference room bookings, IT department, and Facilities as needed.
- Performs monthly preventive maintenance of Conference Center and conference rooms to ensure working condition of equipment.
- Acts as in-room technician for special events and presentations.
- Troubleshoots equipment and makes minor repairs. Coordinates repair and equipment service as needed.
- Maintains inventory of equipment, including purchases, repairs, warranties, and monthly maintenance.
- Responsible for organization and cleanliness of all storage areas and audio/visual booths.
- Performs limited editing of in-house produced and external video productions.
- Provides training for department staff in the operation of various audio/visual equipment.
- Acts as liaison with Washington, DC office and Firm-wide Technology Support department.
- Provides regular status reports to the Firm's Regional Audio/Visual Technical Manager and the Conference Services Manager.
- Performs frequent physical exertion including: standing, walking, bending over, twisting, kneeling, reaching above shoulder level, pushing, pulling, repetitive use of both hands, lifting or carrying up to 20 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Current knowledge of audio/visual field and procedures including audio and video production equipment, techniques, and methodologies.
- Current knowledge of teleconferencing equipment.
- Experience with Crestron and Extron integrated audio visual systems.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions.
- Excellent planning and troubleshooting skills.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years related experience.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.