Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Skadden) has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world by relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity to deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. By relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity, our lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. We are recognized as a global powerhouse for complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients. Our attorneys, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, collaborate seamlessly across 50-plus practices and 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
We are seeking a Client Accounting Assistant (entry-level) to join our Firm. This position will be based in our Washington, D.C. office (hybrid). This position will provide client accounting analysis and billing support to partners. The Client Accounting Assistant will prepare bills and follow-up on all matters of billing and collection and respond to related internal inquiries. This position will work closely with department team members to meet department service guidelines and assist billing coordinators with complex billing assignments.
- Reviews information for client matters which partners are responsible for billing/collecting.
- Documents meetings/discussions with partners for actions and/or later follow-up.
- Prepares bills, internal forms and back-up including preparation of narrative descriptions, write-offs, transfers, retainer and on-account applications. Follows-up processing of such paperwork.
- Responds to inquiries and requests for information made by attorneys, legal assistants and professional staff.
- Participates in answering and serving the firm's billing and collection help line.
- Updates monthly reminder memos and lists for distribution by department target date. Follows-up reminder memo responses, including sending reminder letters, preparing accounts receivable write-offs and providing back-up and/or additional information. Updates the department's central reminder letter schedule.
- Updates and maintains information for billing logs, reminder memo logs & response sheet, partner serviced list/production log, and client/matter logs.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date files for each partner and/or client.
- Communicates situations as they evolve that may require follow-up, such as bills not returned from attorneys, difficult requests, etc.
- Actively seeks to enhance knowledge of all Client Accounting Department procedures and processes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Aderant, Starcollect, Outook, Excel, PowerPoint) with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting abilities.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates close attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of one year of related experience.
Culture & Life at Skadden
What makes Skadden special is our people and the culture, community and spirit of collaboration we have created. We believe in teamwork and inspiring each other to be our best in an atmosphere that promotes professionalism and excellence in all that we do. We know that inclusion, equity and drawing on the strength of a wide spectrum of diverse talent only make us better and is vital to the firm's success. Our goal is for everyone at the firm to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth and to support the well-being of our attorneys and professional staff.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k) and voluntary benefits.
- Generous paid time off.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning and professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
For further details, please visit: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/employee-benefits
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.