Skadden is seeking a Client Accounting Coordinator to join our Client Accounting team in the Washington, D.C. office. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Client Accounting Coordinator will play an integral role in helping the firm provide high-quality service to clients. The team of knowledgeable and talented staff at Skadden are dedicated to supporting our lawyers in their goal to provide excellence in legal and client services.
The Client Accounting Coordinator provides client accounting analysis and billing support to partners and practice areas to meet service guidelines.
- Assists with handling billing and client analysis projects.
- Prepares accurate and timely bills as well as internal forms including appropriate backup required to process monthly reminder memos, account receivable write offs, retainer and on-account applications, transfers to non-billable, etc..
- Reviews outstanding balance reports and other information for client/matters which partners are responsible for billing and collecting (e.g. unbilled, unpaid bills, unapplied credits) and takes proactive action, as appropriate.
- Documents meetings and discussions with partners to ensure timely follow up and/or action.
- Monitors billing system to confirm the status of billing pending matters (e.g. write offs, transfers to non-billable and specialty rates) and updates logs as appropriate.
- Promptly responds to all inquiries for information made by attorneys, legal assistants, and staff.
- Coordinates with Supervisor regarding reminder letters to clients for unpaid bills.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date billing files and instructions which must include all supportive documentation for each partner and/or client.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word and Excel software.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the firm's client accounting software.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting abilities.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of two years related experience.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.