Skadden is seeking a Copy Center Operator to join our Copy Center team in the Washington, D.C. office. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Copy Center Operator will play an integral role in helping the firm provide high-quality service to clients. The team of knowledgeable and talented staff at Skadden are dedicated to supporting our lawyers in delivering excellence in legal and client services.
Operates and maintains duplicating, printing, scanning, and binding equipment and related supplies. Monitors front desk, email and online requests to complete initial intake of projects. Collaborates with Supervisor or Coordinator in assessing requested services to determine appropriateness of outsourcing projects. Performs quality control inspection of work product to ensure accurate and timely completion of projects.
- In the absence of the department Supervisor or Coordinator, completes in-take process including, but not limited to, quality control and distribution of work assignments, communications with requestor and final distribution of product.
- Monitors and maintains online requests.
- Collaborates with Supervisor in assessing projects to determine if deadline can be met by utilizing internal resources or to determine appropriateness of outsourcing.
- Coordinates and monitors outsourcing of projects including initial vendor contact, quality control, providing feedback and ensuring appropriate billing.
- Performs quality control inspection throughout the production process to ensure projects are completed according to instructions on the work order.
- Operates copy machines to duplicate hard copy documents and related materials.
- Performs tasks associated with printing documents from electronic sources (e-mail attachments, PDF files, Flashdrives, CDs, shared drive, etc.), scanning and conversion of documents into imaging system.
- Operates binding equipment as needed to complete projects.
- Delivers completed projects to requesters as needed.
- Maintains Copy Center and equipment making necessary adjustments to equipment in order to obtain the highest quality reproduction possible.
- Performs frequent physical exertion including: standing, walking, bending over, twisting, reaching above shoulder level, pushing, pulling, repetitive use of both hands, lifting or carrying up to 20 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of production print, finishing, duplicating, scanning and binding equipment.
- Knowledge of copy print services field and procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook with the ability to learn new software.
- Ability to operate a PC.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three years related experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.