Skadden is seeking a Document Processing Specialist to join our Document Processing team in the Washington, D.C. office. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Document Processing Specialist will play an integral role in helping the firm provide high-quality service to clients.
The Document Processing Specialist provides varied administrative and technical support to firm personnel including document production and troubleshooting, document scanning and coding, proofreading completed work, and supplemental support to attorneys. The hours for the position are Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Performs advance proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office 2010: including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint, Power PDF, Litera Change-Pro, Dreamweaver, Drafting Assistant, Adobe Creative Suite, and Outlook.
- Performs extensive formatting and editing of word processing documents, including advanced features such as cross-referencing, bookmarks, track changes, table of authority, table of content, indices, mail merging, red-line/black line documents, etc.
- Creates templates for legal documents and closing CD sets (creating links from table of contents, simple and multi-linking of PDFs).
- Converts documents from one application to another, including cleaning, formatting and applying styles as needed.
- Imports and exports files from USB devices, CDs or DVDs.
- Utilizes email effectively to access and manipulate attachments, CDs, discs, zip files, etc.
- Performs scanning of documents for conversions.
- Assists firm personnel with document troubleshooting, including corrupt documents and files.
- Performs document reproduction, printing documents from electronic sources (e.g., email attachments, PDF files, CDs, etc.) and the delivery of same.
- Creates binders and document indices.
- Performs transcription using software such as Express Scribe/The Record Player, or Wondershare and Audacity audio/video capture.
- Provides varied administrative support to attorneys (e.g., time entry, transcription, copying/printing of documents, courier services, and assignment of conference rooms/visiting attorney offices).
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook) and conversion software.
- Ability to learn various job-related computer software (e.g., Image Base, Voxco survey application, CD burner application, and document management systems (e-Docs)).
- Knowledge of basic graphics and picture manipulation, including resizing, copying and pasting functions.
- Knowledge of OCR conversion software (e.g., Omnipage/Panascan).
- Demonstrated knowledge of proofreading techniques.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years administrative and related technical experience.
- Advance level proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel with 80% accuracy; advance level proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint with 70% accuracy.
- Typing at 55 words per minute with 80% accuracy.
- Proofreading proficiency with 80% accuracy.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.