Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Skadden) has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world by relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity to deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. Our lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. We are recognized as a global powerhouse for complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients. Our attorneys, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, collaborate seamlessly across 50-plus practices and 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
We are seeking a Human Resources Project Assistant to join our Washington, D.C. office. The Human Resources Project Assistant provides administrative support to the Human Resources Department and serves as a resource to all firm personnel by responding to inquiries regarding Human Resources programs and/or firm policies and procedures. This position utilizes various human resources software applications to complete personnel actions.
- Provides administrative support to the Human Resources Department including but not limited to the following: telephone and reception services, logistics for meetings, processing expense reports and department invoices, department filing, and distribution of department mail.
- Coordinates the professional staff recruiting process including: creating recruiting files, scheduling interviews, completing visitor notification, administering pre-employment screening tests, coordinating background checks and conflicts clearance, and performing HRIS data entry including applicant tracking, solicitations, and new hire information.
- Coordinates the onboarding process for professional staff including: preparing offer letters, handling new hire orientation logistics, preparing new hire orientation packets, and completing the e-Verify and I-9 processes.
- Coordinates the employee referral bonus program and processes required forms.
- Creates and maintains professional staff personnel files and ensures timely and accurate filing.
- Assists the Human Resources Supervisor in the annual job description audit process including distributing job descriptions to appropriate manager/supervisor, tracking return of suggested edits, completing data entry of final review date in Workday.
- Monitors the completion of all mandatory computer based training modules, follows up as necessary to ensure compliance, and completes related HRIS data entry.
- Coordinates DC office vendor workers including signing of required forms, completion of background checks, performing HRIS data entry. Maintains updated listing of current DC Office vendor workers, responds to questions and runs reports as needed.
- Provides administrative support for the professional staff recognition program.
- Collaborates with the Human Resources Team in the coordination of various Human Resources Department sponsored events.
- Provides project support to the Human Resources professionals, assists with other department functions, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel) with the ability to learn new software (e.g., Publisher) and operating systems.
- Familiarity with or ability to learn human resources terminology and procedures.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions.
- Ability to develop routine correspondence.
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years of administrative or secretarial experience.
Culture & Life at Skadden
What makes Skadden special is our people and the culture, community and spirit of collaboration we have created. We believe in teamwork and inspiring each other to be our best in an atmosphere that promotes professionalism and excellence in all that we do. We know that inclusion, equity and drawing on the strength of a wide spectrum of diverse talent only make us better and is vital to the firm's success. Our goal is for everyone at the firm to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth and to support the well-being of our attorneys and professional staff.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k) and voluntary benefits.
- Generous paid time off.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning and professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
For further details, please visit: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/employee-benefits
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.