Skadden is seeking an Information Management Senior Coordinator to join our Records Management team in the Washington, D.C. office. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Information Management Senior Coordinator will play an integral role in helping the firm provide high-quality service to clients.
The Information Management Senior Coordinator utilizes various technology applications to effectively manage Firm/client records and information proactively. The Information Management Senior Coordinator acts as a records and information management key resource and liaison for the Firm's attorneys, clients and professional staff, offering advice, instruction and guidance when necessary and ensuring compliance at all times. The Information Management Senior Coordinator participates in all aspects of the entire records lifecycle, from label creation to offsite storage for both paper and digital media.
- Coordinates client file requests.
- Coordinates data/file destruction requests related to protective orders, confidentiality agreements and other client-specific obligations.
- Coordinates attorney departure file and email reviews; overseeing data file transfer when applicable.
- Reconciles files of terminating legal assistants.
- Coordinates case room work and special records departmental projects.
- Trains professional staff and attorneys in proper use of Firm records applications.
- Coordinates removal and retrieval of boxes to and from storage facilities.
- Coordinates with other offices for file retrieval/archival/destruction as necessary.
- Assists in implementing and administering retention and quality control programs.
- Identifies and communicates with management the need for professional staff training/coaching.
- Assists in training new employees and providing guidance to users.
- Manipulates data exported from a database using Microsoft Excel pivot tables, formulas, filters and other advanced spreadsheet functions.
- Imports and exports emails to and from PST files using Microsoft Outlook.
- Performs frequent physical exertion including: standing, walking, bending over, twisting, pushing, pulling, repetitive use of both hands, lifting or carrying up to 30 pounds.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Operates equipment and performs job tasks in a safe manner, including utilizing safe lifting techniques, while minimizing risk to self and others.
Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
Knowledge of database systems and Boolean searching methodologies.
Knowledge of text and PST file types.
Ability to use Windows commands to move, copy and zip files for FTP posting or saving to media.
Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.