Skadden is seeking a Legal Secretary to join our Secretarial Services team in the Washington, D.C. office. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Legal Secretary will play an integral role in helping the firm provide high-quality service to clients. The team of knowledgeable and talented staff at Skadden are dedicated to supporting our lawyers in delivering excellence in legal and client services.
- Provides administrative and secretarial support to attorneys, including secretarial team coverage and backup support.
- Provides administrative and/or project support to various departments and personnel, as needed.
- Answers, screens, and places telephone calls. Directs calls and assists callers as appropriate.
- Opens, reads, and routes mail as directed.
- Prepares correspondence, documents, reports, and spreadsheets.
- Maintains attorney and client files, records, and contact lists.
- Schedules meetings, maintains calendars, and coordinates travel plans as needed.
- Takes and transcribes dictation (e.g., fast notes, shorthand).
- Assists attorney(s) with administrative work and projects.
- Prepares attorney time records, expense reports, and check requests.
- Handles personal matters requested by attorney(s).
- Performs frequent physical exertion including: sitting, repetitive use of both hands, lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of basic legal terminology.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook and ability to learn additional software (e.g., billing file management database).
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Accurate typing at 55 words per minute.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel with 70% accuracy.
- Minimum of three years related experience.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.