Skadden is seeking a Marketing & Communications Coordinator to join our Marketing & Communications team in the Washington, D.C. office. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator will play an integral role in helping the firm provide high-quality service to clients. The team of knowledgeable and talented staff at Skadden are dedicated to supporting our lawyers in their goal to provide excellence in legal and client services.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator coordinates logistics for Washington, DC office marketing and business development events, provides assistance in the preparation of new business proposals, RFPs and presentations and provides general administrative support to the Marketing & Communications Department.
- Coordinates logistics related to firm-sponsored seminars and webinars including overseeing the design and approval of invitations, development of targeted mailing lists, coordinating production and distribution of presentation materials, overseeing support staff participation at event, coordinating with external speakers executing targeted follow-up with clients and prospective clients both pre- and post-event and coordinating requests for CLE credit and other firm-sponsored events. Prepares internal communications on events for distribution.
- Assists the department in preparation of new business proposals, RFP, and presentations, including, but not limited to the preparation of experience lists and sourcing attorney experience, formatting drafts of materials, proofreading, and the production and distribution of materials.
- Liaises with other internal support departments to obtain client relationship data for new business proposals and presentations and Firm data for responses to surveys and ranking lists, as needed.
- Liaises with counterparts in the Marketing & Communications Department regarding maintenance of attorney biographies, practice area descriptions, attorney photographs, and client mailing lists and website updates.
Researches attorney and deal information needed to respond to various directories and surveys, prepares formats submissions; assists in scheduling interviews with researcher.
Utilizes Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, InDesign, and other software tools to develop collateral materials and marketing presentations; liaise with Creative Design team on sponsorship advertisements.
Provides administrative support including, but not limited to, coordinating the following: tracking and reporting on marketing, business development and public relations activities; coordinating periodic attorney photo shoots; processing department invoices and expense reports.
- Current knowledge of industry trends and techniques.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with the ability to learn new software.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years directly related experience in a professional services environment.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.