Skadden is seeking a Marketing & Communications Specialist to join our Marketing & Communications team in the Washington, D.C. office. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Marketing & Communications Specialist will play an integral role in helping the firm provide high-quality service to clients.
The Marketing & Communications Specialist works closely with the Washington, DC Marketing & Communications manager to develop and implement marketing, communication and client development programs and initiatives. Assists partners in preparing new business pitches, conducts client research and supports efforts to promote Firm services to existing and potential clients. Assists in planning client programs and events to promote the Firm’s reputation and brand in the region. Leads development and preparation of award and directory submissions. Particular focus on ensuring accuracy, consistency and best practice for pitches and marketing materials.
- Assists in the development of the Washington, DC office and partner marketing/communications goals and tactics.
- Drafts and produces new business pitches, proposals and responses to RFPs using applications such as Foundation, InDesign and Microsoft Office, etc.
- Ensures all pitches and marketing materials are up-to-date, consistent, focused and are reflective of correct messages and capabilities of the Firm and its global practices.
- Leads the production of Chambers and other award and survey submissions for various practices in the Washington, DC office.
- Executes research requests from attorneys in the Washington, DC office (utilizing Firm’s suite of intelligence tools).
- Coordinates client-facing educational and social events (seminars, webcasts and conferences, receptions, dinners, etc.); plans, executes and monitors all event logistics (venue, services, invitations, printed materials, etc.) and attends events when appropriate.
- Identifies speaking and writing opportunities for partners and counsel.
- Prepares and regularly updates the Washington, DC office practice area descriptions for the Firm's website and other marketing materials in coordination with various practice leaders.
- Prepares and updates partner, counsel and associate biographies as needed.
- Monitors activities of and communicates with partners, counsel and senior associates regarding matters; promotes successes and coordinates detailed experience capture/entry into Foundation database tool with experience team for use in pitches, proposals and internal and external communications. Supports lateral partner integration efforts with Marketing & Communications manager.
- Coordinates partners' contact lists in InterAction (CRM) for the purposes of Firm mailings and event invitations.
- Works with Client Accounting to prepare, coordinate and propose budgets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Broad and thorough knowledge of Marketing in a large law firm or professional services environment.
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g. CRM, database management, InDesign, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Ability to synthesize data and accurately capture it in a narrative.
- Strong listening and consultative skills.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, planning, and research skills, including the ability to evaluate existing systems and create new ones.
- Flexibility to travel and adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of five years marketing experience in a law firm or professional services firm environment.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.