Skadden is seeking a Marketing & Communications Specialist to join our Global Marketing & Communications team in the Washington, D.C. Office. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Marketing & Communications Specialist will play an integral role in helping the firm provide high-quality service to clients.
The Marketing & Communications Specialist works closely with the Washington, D.C. partners and Marketing & Communications Administrator to develop and implement marketing, communication and client expansion programs and initiatives. Assists partners in preparing new business pitches, conducts client research and supports efforts to promote Firm services to existing and potential clients. Assists in programs to promote the Firm’s reputation and brand in the region, including award and directory submissions. Particular focus on ensuring accuracy, consistency and best practice for pitches and marketing materials.
- Prepares materials for attorneys in connection with new business pitches and presentations and responses to RFPs.
- Maintains proposal repository and tracks results for D.C. office.
- Ensures all pitches and marketing materials are up-to-date, consistent, focused and are reflective of correct messages and capabilities of Skadden’s regional practices.
- Prepares assigned Chambers submissions and other surveys, awards, recognitions and rankings for the D.C. office and various partners.
- Maintains records of directory recognition and awards for practices, offices and partners. Integrates recognition into marketing materials, biographies, and other content.
- Drafts, edits and proofreads marketing materials for D.C. office.
- Executes research requests from partners and senior lawyers in the D.C. office (utilizes Firm’s suite of intelligence tools).
- Assists in the preparation of all other ad hoc marketing materials and on ad hoc marketing projects and internal business development initiatives.
- Supports as needed with client-facing educational and social events (seminars, webcasts and conferences, receptions, dinners, etc.).
- Supports cleanup of regional contact lists in InterAction (CRM) for the purposes of Firm mailings and event invitations.
- Supports as needed with public relations/press, including message points, press releases, media monitoring and other materials.
- Coordinates with Marketing & Communications Department members in other offices and serves as an information source regarding regional related information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrates close attention to detail.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign, InterAction), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting responsibilities.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and delegate effectively.
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgement.
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of five years of related experience in a law firm or professional services environment.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.