Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Skadden) has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world by relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity to deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. Our lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. We are recognized as a global powerhouse for complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients. Our attorneys, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, collaborate seamlessly across 50-plus practices and 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
We are seeking a Marketing & Communications Project Manager to join our Washington, D.C. office. The Marketing & Communications Project Manager serves as the primary marketing and communications contact for the Washington, D.C. office’s (DCO) transactions and regulatory practices, with an emphasis on pitch opportunity/development, requests for proposals (RFPs), practice group- and office-related marketing materials, key client relationship reviews, event strategy and content development (internal and client-facing). The Marketing & Communications Project Manager collaborates with Marketing Department members in other U.S. and international offices.
- Works closely with the DCO transactions and regulatory practice leaders and partners and the DCO Assistant Director, Marketing & Communications, on office, practice and partner profile-raising activities.
- Serves as a back-up for the DCO Assistant Director, Marketing & Communications, Washington, D.C. across all functions.
- Produces innovative and compelling new business materials, including pitches, proposals and responses to RFPs and client presentations.
- Works with practice leaders and partners to develop key client relationship reviews.
- Partners with global Business Development team to compile competitive intelligence and industry trends.
- Conceives/oversees client-facing events (with the support/execution of an events specialist), such as educational seminars/webinars and sponsorships/conferences, including logistics, invitations lists, and materials, and attending events, when appropriate.
- Manages Chambers and award/ranking submissions for transactions and regulatory attorneys and practices (with the support of specialists/coordinators).
- Identifies speaking and thought leadership writing opportunities for partners and counsel in collaboration with global Events and Public Relations teams.
- Prepares and regularly updates practice area descriptions and partner, counsel and associate biographies for Skadden.com and other related marketing materials.
- Helps to prepare for and manage marketing and business development meetings with partners and counsel.
- Supports internal communications covering latest developments.
- Supports local client-facing Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI)/affinity group activities in the Washington, D.C. office, as needed.
- Liaises with other internal support departments for responses to surveys and ranking lists, as needed.
- Works closely with the DCO Assistant Director, Marketing & Communications on the execution of a regional marketing and communications plan.
- Utilizes Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, InDesign, and other software tools to develop collateral materials and marketing presentations; liaise with Creative Design team on sponsorship advertisements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Current knowledge of industry best practices, trends and techniques.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems (e.g., Interaction, In Design, etc.).
- Excellent research skills and proficiency in using various research tools including the Internet.
- Demonstrates close attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 8 years directly related experience in a law firm or other professional services environment.
Culture & Life at Skadden
What makes Skadden special is our people and the culture, community and spirit of collaboration we have created. We believe in teamwork and inspiring each other to be our best in an atmosphere that promotes professionalism and excellence in all that we do. We know that inclusion, equity and drawing on the strength of a wide spectrum of diverse talent only make us better and is vital to the firm's success. Our goal is for everyone at the firm to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth and to support the well-being of our attorneys and professional staff.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k) and voluntary benefits.
- Generous paid time off.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning and professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
For further details, please visit: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/employee-benefits
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.