Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Skadden) has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world by relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity to deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. By relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity, our lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. We are recognized as a global powerhouse for complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients. Our attorneys, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, collaborate seamlessly across 50-plus practices and 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
We are seeking a Reprographics Operator to join our Firm. This position will be based in our Washington, DC office (in-office). The hours for this position are Monday - Friday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Reprographics Operator will play an integral role in helping the firm provide high-quality service to clients. The Reprographics Operator operates and maintains duplicating, printing, scanning, and binding equipment and related supplies. Monitors front desk, email and online requests to complete initial intake of projects. Collaborates with Manager in assessing requested services to determine appropriateness of outsourcing projects. Performs quality control inspection of work product to ensure accurate and timely completion of projects.
- Completes in-take process including, but not limited to, quality control and distribution of work assignments, communications with requestor and final distribution of product.
- Monitors and maintains online requests.
- Collaborates with Manager in assessing projects to determine if deadline can be met by utilizing internal resources or to determine appropriateness of outsourcing.
- Coordinates and monitors outsourcing of projects including initial vendor contact, quality control, providing feedback and ensuring appropriate billing.
- Performs quality control inspection throughout the production process to ensure projects are completed according to instructions on the work order.
- Operates copy machines to duplicate hard copy documents and related materials.
- Performs tasks associated with printing documents from electronic sources (e-mail attachments, PDF files, flash drives, CDs, shared drive, etc.), scanning and conversion of documents into imaging system.
- Operates binding equipment as needed to complete projects.
- Delivers completed projects to requesters as needed.
- Maintains Reprographic equipment making necessary adjustments to equipment in order to obtain the highest quality reproduction possible.
- Performs frequent physical exertion including: standing, walking, bending over, twisting, reaching above shoulder level, pushing, pulling, repetitive use of both hands, lifting or carrying up to 20 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of production print, finishing, duplicating, scanning and binding equipment.
- Knowledge of copy print services field and procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel) with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three years related experience
Culture & Life at Skadden
What makes Skadden special is our people and the culture, community and spirit of collaboration we have created. We believe in teamwork and inspiring each other to be our best in an atmosphere that promotes professionalism and excellence in all that we do. We know that inclusion, equity and drawing on the strength of a wide spectrum of diverse talent only make us better and is vital to the firm's success. Our goal is for everyone at the firm to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth and to support the well-being of our attorneys and professional staff.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k) and voluntary benefits.
- Generous paid time off.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning and professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
For further details, please visit: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/employee-benefits
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.