Skadden is seeking a Technology Support Analyst to join our Technology Support team in the Washington, D.C. office. The work schedule for the position is Monday - Friday: 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Technology Support Analyst will play an integral role in helping the firm provide high-quality service to clients.
The Technology Support Analyst provides technology support to the local office for areas including software, hardware, infrastructure, network services, mobile and remote services, audio visual, telephony and security systems. The Technology Support Analyst provides a high level of customer service, accurate reporting and team work with other local technology staff as well as the Firm's central resources in White Plains.
- Provides a consistent and high level of customer service.
- Assembles, installs, configures, tests, images, troubleshoots and repairs hardware and peripherals, including but not exclusive to computers, printers, scanners, and mobile phones and Wi-Fi devices.
- Responds to local and central telephone helpline, support tickets and e-mails (provides information, assesses problems and offers assistance).
- Logs all calls into the Firm's call logging systems and resolves or escalates as appropriate.
- Provides application support for both local installations and Citrix-based applications.
- Provides mobile device support, set up configuration, support and end user training.
- Provides escalation support for tickets from Jr. Technology Support Analysts.
- Provides assistance and advice on technology allowance purchases for attorneys.
- Assists with remote site set ups and access.
- Provides assistance and advice on items to purchase through the Firm Technology Purchase Program.
- Maintains data room components, data closets and troubleshoots networking issues in conjunction with the Technology Manager.
- Supports personnel adds, moves and changes.
- Services, documents and provides loaner equipment in accordance with Firm policies.
- Maintains accurate inventory records.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships with clients, attorneys and staff.
- Ensures the security of the Firm's systems by understanding the risks and ensuring best practices are followed.
- Helps to maintain Firm policies and procedures in relation to computer technology.
- Provides basic induction training on technology systems, mobile device usage and basic software usage.
- Provides software training based upon modules created by the global training department.
- Performs frequent physical exertion including: walking, pushing, pulling, repetitive use of both hands, lifting or carrying up to 10 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites, Citrix, PC and Mac Environments, eDocs DM, mobile devices, DTE, Litera ChangePro, General Desktop Environments, Operating Systems - Windows and Mac and other relevant Firm computer software programs with the ability to learn new software and operations systems.
- Ability to apply logic, reasoning, analysis and interpretation skills to resolve problems.
- Ability to maintain continuous concentration, alertness, and close attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of hardware and software used for building security systems.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Flexibility to travel and adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years of specialized technical training and three years of technology support work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of current technology applications, hardware and software.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.