Skadden is seeking a Technology Trainer to join our Technology Support team in the Washington, D.C. office. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Technology Trainer will play an integral role in helping the firm provide high-quality service to clients. The team of knowledgeable and talented staff at Skadden are dedicated to supporting our lawyers in delivering excellence in legal and client services.
- Develops and conducts training programs for staff and attorneys, coordinates and conducts training needs analysis and course evaluations with supervisor, manager and firm-wide training department.
- Prepares and plans course materials, organizes and promotes courses and provides daily training classes to all employees.
- Develops and disseminates weekly training schedules.
- Schedules and presents comprehensive orientation training to all new arrivals.
- Liaises with department managers and legal and professional staff to address individual/group training needs. Provides feedback for further training and/or assessment.
- Available for global training assignments as needed by the firm.
- Provides local technology support services to the DC office.
- Performs frequent physical exertion including: walking, pushing, pulling, repetitive use of both hands, lifting or carrying up to 10 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) with the ability to learn additional software and systems.
- Thorough working knowledge of firm systems including but not limited to Citrix, eDocs DM, mobile device technology and apps, DTE, Chrome River, Litera ChangePro, Power PDF, Windows and Mac operating environments, legal technology software and other relevant firm and legal applications.
- Consistent delivery of professional training to all audiences with a comprehensive understanding of technology and the practical application of it in day to day law office operations.
- Demonstration of superior customer service, effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible to adjust hours to offer training and support during standard business hours (9:30-5:30) and alternate shift schedules.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Advance level proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook with 80% accuracy; advance level proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint with 70% accuracy.
- Minimum of three years related work experience and two years of specialized technical training preferred.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.