We are seeking a Backup and Cyber Recovery Administrator to join our Firm. This position will be based in our White Plains office (hybrid). This role supports and maintains the Firm's production and cyber recovery infrastructure that operates 24x7x365 to ensure maximum availability and performance of all services. Works as part of a team and takes ownership of the production and cyber recovery infrastructure in preventive maintenance, training, and documentation of the production backup and cyber recovery infrastructure. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors the health, performance, and availability of the firm's backup and cyber recovery systems using a variety of tools
- Troubleshoots and resolves malfunctioning hardware, software, and alerts
- Works to proactively triage or troubleshoot alerts, events, and issues that impact the company's production IT infrastructure
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for scheduled and recurring tasks
- Carefully tracks and documents all defects and resolutions in detail. Often works within the company's ticketing system and is responsible for the updating, tracking and resolution of incidents
- Performs root cause analysis (RCA) and remediation
- Immediately escalates incidents affecting services and coordinates technical resources to work together to resolve the issue as quickly as possible
- Works collaboratively to resolve problems within the team and escalates to internal and external engineering resources as necessary. Coordinates with third party vendors, satellite office personnel, or other IT teams to provide holistic problem resolution and communication
- Coordinates and demonstrates disaster recovery plans as needed
- Assists the Network Operations team in troubleshooting and resolving production issues
- Assists Skadden's security information and event management team, as needed, with incident response for threat detection and remediation
- Forecasts and plans hardware and software requirements
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others
- Manages Firm resources responsibly
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of Dell Networker, Data Domain Platforms and Dell CyberSense or equivalent technology
- Practical experience with TCP/IP networking
- Familiarity with powershell and/or restAPI scripting
- Hands-on experience administrating and troubleshooting VMware Clusters in a high-availability environment, including Windows & Linux guest operating systems
- Hands-on experience with and expertise in Backup and Recovery Technologies
- Knowledge of Cyber Incident response and Remediation
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives or activities, and effectively make judgments in prioritizing and time allocation in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to deal with changes and adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to work well with others, harness different skills and experience, and build a strong sense of team spirit
- Ability to work in hybrid model with remote and as needed in office rotation
- Ability to gather and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and suggest solutions.
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to multitask, problem solve and liaise at various levels within and outside the organization
- Ability to understand or learn the technical implications of security threats
- Understanding of NIST Cyber Recovery Framework
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Must be detail oriented with strong customer service skills
- Take ownership of issues and responsibility for customer satisfaction and overall success of services provide
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts including DNS, switching, routing and firewalls
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related discipline or three years of relevant experience or Military Occupational Specialty
- Minimum of three years of experience in a Network or System Administration analyst role inclusive of networking, desktop engineering, programming, systems administration, network operations
The starting base salary for this White Plains position is expected to be between $115,000- $130,000 annually. Actual salary will be determined based on skills, experience (to the extent relevant) and other-job related factors, consistent with applicable law.
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Skadden) has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world. By relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity, our lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. We are recognized as a global powerhouse for complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients. Our attorneys, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, collaborate seamlessly across 50-plus practices and 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
Culture & Life at Skadden
What makes Skadden special is our people and the culture, community and spirit of collaboration we have created. We believe in teamwork and inspiring each other to be our best in an atmosphere that promotes professionalism and excellence in all that we do. We know that inclusion, equity and drawing on the strength of a wide spectrum of diverse talent only make us better and is vital to the firm's success. Our goal is for everyone at the firm to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth and to support the well-being of our attorneys and professional staff.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k) and voluntary benefits.
- Generous paid time off.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning, and professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
For further details, please visit: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/employee-benefits
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.