This position will be responsible for the analysis, implementation, and support of technology related initiatives and projects that involve Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll, and other business departments, with an emphasis on supporting our Workday HCM platform.
- Project life cycle development and support of related applications, application interfaces, application customizations, custom reports, and other web based applications.
- Support and upgrade applications and application platforms.
- Requirements analysis, technical specifications, application enhancements, upgrades and maintenance as required.
- Provides project planning and technical input for development projects that impact the Firm's applications.
- Prepares technical specifications in support of business specifications to be used in development efforts.
- Develops and executes comprehensive test plans for all system modifications and enhancements.
- Develops and implements production implementation and/or upgrade plans and ongoing support for the Firm's applications.
- Programs, tests and debugs programs written in-house, off the shelf or customized by the Firm as needed.
- Provides customer service to all levels of Firm Management in the use of the Firm's applications.
- Provide clear and timely feedback to department managers and project managers as required.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experience and through knowledge working with the Firm's specific applications, including Workday and associated technologies across multiple platforms, including business process setup & configuration, report development, Prism analytics, EIB's, Workday Studio, Integrations, and Security
- Knowledge of job related technology, programming standards and methodologies and development life cycle
- Knowledge of Microsoft Sql Server, database structures, system architecture and automation tools (IWS/Maestro, Version Control) and other supported systems
- Ability to maintain and provide support for a developer virtual machine, including software installation and support
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Maintains knowledge of current technologies, relevant industry direction(s), and best practices
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's degree preferably in the field of Information Technology or equivalent
- Minimum of five years of experience in systems/application development & support related positions
- Minimum of three years of experience with the Workday platform
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.