Skadden is looking for a Business Systems Information Project Manager who will be primarily responsible for planning, delivering and supporting applications, application platforms, and application integration projects in support of our Client Administration, Finance and/or other Firm functional areas.
- Coordinates with Firm departments to understand application and business process needs, document requirements, identify appropriate solutions, and track project progress.
- Ensures project objectives and requirements are clear and agreed to by all stakeholders.
- Reports and keeps key stakeholders apprised of project status, challenges, and concerns through the entire project life cycle.
- Manages relationships with Firm departments, application development teams, data integration teams, various IT groups and external vendors to deliver and support superior solutions.
- Provides technical direction during the design, development, integration and/or customization, and delivery of application solutions and platforms.
- Leads and coordinates resources in the resolution of application and system problems as they arise.
- Assist with budget development for identified projects and initiatives.
- Identifies areas for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change in coordination with other departments.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Maintains knowledge of current technologies, relevant industry direction(s), and best practices
- Broad knowledge of project management methodology, requirements gathering, analysis and process design
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- SQL, database structure, scripting and application configuration skills are desirable
- Ability to identify and articulate solutions to problems as they arise or present themselves
- Participation in industry groups such as ILTA
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to defuse a tense situation
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple projects with shifting priorities
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to travel to other offices as needed
- Interacts courteously and effectively with others
- Works well under pressure
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in the field of Computer Information Systems or similar.
- Experience with legal specific applications supporting accounting (Aderant Expert), time and billing (DTE), new business intake (Flow), experience (Foundation), matter life cycle, and financial and management reporting are desirable.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in systems/application development and project management related positions.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.