The Business Systems Intern will learn the following:
- Agile software development lifecycle and supporting tools: the Model, View, Controller (MVC) approach to software architecture.
- Methodologies and approaches to data integration on an enterprise level.
- Cutting edge technologies including Microsoft BizTalk, SQL Server, and SQL Server Integration Services and have the opportunity to work with application owners to resolve data issues.
- Various applications, include Lawson S3 HR, Aderant Expert Finance, and Oracle/Hyperion Business Intelligence.
- Hands on experience assisting in trouble shooting, resolving issues and assisting with systems documentation.
Have an interest and/or exposure to:
- Microsoft technologies such as Visual Studio, C#, SQLServer
- Relational databases, data structures, data models and stored procedures
- Application documentation and quality assurance testing
- User Interface design
- Must have completed at least 75% of required credits towards completion of a Bachelor of Science program with a concentration in Computer Science or Management Information Systems.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.